Nearly all European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss nationals are free to enter and live in the United Kingdom without the need to apply for permission.

Under European Community law, nationals of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) have the right to live in the UK if they are working here, or if they have enough money to support themselves without help from public funds.

The EEA countries include:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

If you are from an EEA country, you will need to show a prospective employer one of the following:

  • Your passport

  • National identity card

  • If you are an A2 candidates you will need to provide us with a PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD.