Recruitment Consultant Needed
Due to our rapidly and expanded specialist driving division, Smart Solutions require another team member.
Job description :
As a Driving recruitment consultant you will be responsible for attracting candidates and matching them to temporary driving positions with clients.
You will work closely with clients, building relationships in order to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements.
Recruitment consultants attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a wide range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. They screen candidates, register & interview them, do background checks and finally match them to their clients. Consultants also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities
Typical work activities
Recruitment consultants provide a vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse and involves:
- Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking in order to attract business from potential clients
- Visiting clients to build and develop relationships;
- Developing a good understanding of potential clients, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment;
- Advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a wide range of media, for example newspapers, Job boards, magazines;
- Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers;
- Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work;
- Using Smarts in-house candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy;
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client;
- Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before putting forward to the client;
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question;
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants;
- Organising registration & interviews for candidates as requested by Smart Solutions or the client;
- Negotiating pay and charge rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates;
- Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training, compliance & Legislation;
- Working towards and exceeding both sales & operational targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated;
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
- Maintaining a high level of industry & sector knowledge both in compliance and Legislation and competitor analysis.
- Providing a 24/7 day a week service to clients & candidates.